Just finished my phone interview with UC-Irvine MBA program. The most difficult one I had so far....(This is my 6th one) Not so easy as others' experiences I knew..... There're some questions beyond my expection.
I interviewed with Sam Kang. He is a Korean-American. He speaks a bit quickly but clearly. The interview lasted about 50 mins.
Following are the questions.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why MBA?
3. Short-term and long-term goals.
4. Conflict in a team. How to deal with it?
5. Since you're interested in marketing, please tell me about "Starbucks Coffe" in Taiwan. What challenge will Starbucks face in the future and how to deal with?
6. If you could meet someone who's dead, which one would you like to meet? (NEVER thought about it! I always jump this kind of essay questions.)
7. How will you recommend me to see a movie that you've seen? (Because my answer to previous question is "Ray Charles".....a recent biography movie) (Still...never thought about it! Finally came out with a movie about business-rogue trader)
8. What's the difference between a "good" leader and a "great" leader?
9. If you got admitted to all schools you applied, what are the three standards you will use to choose your MBA program?
10. Contribution to the community.
11. Weakness, especially in a team.
I think that's all. Good Luck for all in the application process.